How to Write a Capstone Project: Strategies on How to Write a Paper with Ease
When a student finishes a certain course, he/ she may reach the moment when he/ she will ask how to write a capstone project. Capstone projects are popularly assigned papers for students in order to evaluate their knowledge of the subject as well as specific theoretical and practical skills that have been obtained during the course. A capstone project is something like a thorough study of one or some subject areas of the study under research. One of the peculiarities of a capstone project is that it should suggest a specific problem and provide a solution to it. To put it simple, a capstone project summarizes a student’s experience in a certain discipline. As a rule, capstone project writing is frequently assigned in such disciplines as engineering, business, IT, nursing, and others.
Steps for Writing a Capstone Research Project
- Take a look back at the very beginning of your course and recall what topics you covered, what aspects you studies, what papers you wrote, etc. If possible, try to find some papers that you have been submitted over the course of your studies.
- Take notes on what each test, examination, essay or other writing assignment was about.
- Make sure you have some samples of good and effective research papers at hand because you might need them as templates.
- Come up with an interesting topic and make sure it clearly conveys the main idea you bear in mind.
- Conduct a thorough literature review and collect credible sources that could be used for your capstone research.
- Make sure you set aside sufficient period of time to carry out this extensive research.
- Write a draft of your capstone project.
How to Select a Topic for Your Capstone Project?
Make sure you choose a topic that you are passionate about. The whole writing procedure is rather boring and tedious, so make sure that at least the topic is interesting to you. Delve deeper into the research methods needed for the study: think of which of the methods are appropriate for the research.
- Plagiarism and QA report
- Professionally-qualified writing experts
- Top-quality, at a great price - guaranteed
- Commitment to deliver papers by deadline
- No limit of revisions a customer can request
What Is a Capstone Project: Key Aspects to Consider
Before working on the capstone research assignment, students need to ask themselves, “What is a capstone project?” If they have no answer to the question, they should browse sufficient and credible information and learn how to write it in a proper way. So, the following are the key characteristics of an effective capstone project:
- A capstone project resembles a thesis paper: it keeps the study under scrutiny, demonstrates your skills and knowledge, as well as reflects what you have mastered throughout the course.
- A capstone paper should be at least 40 pages in length and should contain around 15 sources in the reference list.
- The paper should be properly organized and formatted, namely it should have a cover page, a table of contents, an abstract page, a reference page, and appendices (if needed).
- Use a software app to organize your references in a proper way. Make sure you indicate the citation style you need.
- Avoid clichéd phrases.
- Provide all important details and pay consideration to grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Common Mistakes Found in Capstone Projects
- Lack of concentration in the writing process because of the lack of time;
- Repetitive ideas throughout the paper;
- Irrelevant information and facts included in the capstone project with an aim to increase the paper length;
- No systematization of material in the capstone paper;
- Lack of in-depth analysis of the chosen topic;
- Lack of original thoughts because of compilation of others’ research works.
Steps for Writing a Capstone Project
- Among the steps for writing a capstone project is to think about the topic carefully and plan how you will develop it from A to Z. Make sure to jot down any ideas or other points that come to your mind when thinking about the topic. When choosing a topic, make sure you orient towards your target audience and present the topic to them in an interesting way as well. Therefore, brainstorm capstone project ideas thoroughly before writing the paper.
- Write a capstone project proposal. It is advisable to submit a proposal to your professor before writing a capstone project. Normally, it should be at least 200 words and it should reflect the main ideas you intend to focus on. Compose a literature review and list the methods you will apply.
- Collect required information for the literature review. Make sure you gather sufficient information and supporting evidence from credible and reputable sources. If you do not have a list of recommended literature, you need to find the sources on your own.
- Devise the structure of your paper. You should definitely provide an outline of your paper as it will help you write the body of the capstone project much faster. With a clear plan, you will not overlook any details and will concentrate on each part of the paper. Make sure you have the following constituents:
- Cover page;
- Introductory section;
- Literature review;
- Presentation and discussion of findings;
- Conclusion and recommendations;
- Reference page.
- Create your writing schedule. Since a capstone project is a long paper that is written consistently, you need to set short-term and long-term writing goals. As such, you need to make sure you create short tasks and set deadlines for working on paper sections in a timely manner. At this point, you will have to demonstrate how well you can manage your time.
- Get to the very writing process. If you are not well-versed in capstone project writing, make sure you find some capstone project examples to know better how to structure this research paper. Start with formulating the thesis statement, which conveys the core idea in a strong and argumentative way. Make sure the thesis is specific because if it is too broad, you will not be able to cover the main issue or problem in the paper. When writing on the literature review, make sure you gather sufficient information on the topic. Pinpoint to why each source is significant for the study and how it helped in the process of capstone project writing. Where needed, provide quotes or citations but do not overuse them. When discussing the methodology, make sure to provide strong argumentation as to why you have chosen specific research methods. When discussing and analyzing the findings, highlight what results you have reached. Provide analysis, examples, and interpretations. When composing a conclusion, make sure you do not add any new information but rather summarize the paper findings and reiterate the thesis statement.
- Edit and proofread the paper. Make sure that you first edit the paper (in terms of content) and then proofread for mistakes in grammar, punctuation or spelling. Make sure the paper is academic. If needed, ask someone for a feedback.
- Prepare for the project defense. After you have made sure that the paper is impeccable, make sure you can defend it, so work on the presentation to deliver in front of your professor and classmates.
Hopefully, our tips and strategies served you right in the process of preparation for the capstone project defense. However, if you are one of those students who do not even know the capstone project definition, then do not hesitate and order from BestEssayService.net right now.